Saturday, October 6, 2012

Oct 6, 2012

Howdy all:)

Wow we went from the low 90's the end of the week to the high of 60 today and that was around midnight:) Low tonight is 48:) yea!!!!! Am loving it!!!!! The positive is it is lovely to do my daily walk but the downside is Cedar is blooming already:( UGH!!!! Hope the new meds the Dr prescribed help! We will see....

Ok so I was a quilting fiend this week!!! The pile is lower and I have 2 new customers:)

First the picture of my new babies:) We had a litter of 6 and kept these 2:) The grey one is Gemma and the other is Jax. Such sweethearts!!!!


I bought  a layer cake and sewed it all together


Then started to cut it with my Twister ruler:)



 And this is what I got:) Still need to add borders


My Snowman BOM. Only one more to go and add borders. I am SO proud of myself for keeping up:)



Ok on to Customer quilts. This is one of Cassies.  Fall quilt. Love the idea of the strips!


Used a leaf panto with variegated thread:)


This is the back.


Cassies Black and White quilt. Really wanted to quilt it with red thread but she said the lady wouldn't like it....just imagine with a red binding? I am getting fabrics together for a twister in B&W just to give that theory a try.


Backing....I used Deb's Swirls Pantograph on it with black thread..


 Cassies wild child quilt:) Love the orange and Teals together!!!!


Used the Deb's Swirls again but with cream thread. Showed up much better on this quilt!


Backing with Swirls showing:)


These 2 small quilts are from Mary Belle.


I did a lot of free motion outlining and playing:)


More free motion playing:)


 This is Sonja a new customers Twister quilt. It is king sized and all she wanted was the loop meander. Great job Sonja!


Ok I usually do quite a few blog hops and such and never win anything but my luck has turned:)
I won this one from www.quiltinglines.com through the Glorious Autumn Block Party. Got a really nice handwritten note with it:)



 And this is from the Moda Blog Hop from Laundry Basket Quilts. She even autographed it for me:)


Have an awesome day!!!!!!

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...