Saturday, April 11, 2015

April 10, 2015

Hope everybody had a lovely Easter! We had MIL over for dinner and then hubby and her went to Bingo:) Was a quiet one.....

MIL gets her key to the assisted living facility Monday:)  SIL and her went shopping and bought all new furniture and decorations so it's all new just for her:) Not sure if she is excited or not but said she would try it for 30 days... well unknown to her that 30 days will turn into forever! Se did say she could be lonely at home or there and of course I told her she needs to get out and meet people in the facility. I know she will go to Bingo and meet people there and also in the dining hall.  .Keep us in your prayers that all goes well!!!

Didn't post any pics last week but then only worked on one quilt all week so this time I have 3 to show you:)

Erlene made this beautiful Stack and Whack star quilt!

The colors are SO good together!

I quilted piano keys in the borders and in the ditch the inner border and then swirls around each star.

Did something different... used only one thread color on back. I usually use whatever I am using on the top. Really turned out nice! Would definitely do again!

Here is an indoor picture so you can really see the quilting. The tan fabric really pops!

My Dear Jane flimsy is finished:)

My Fractured flimsy is finished:)

Gayle brought me this cute Bluebonnet quilt.

She did a great job cutting those rows to be sewed back together again... we are a bit crazy aren't we?
Did loops in the borders and just outlined the rows.

Love the bright backing!!!

This is Gayle's daughters Batik quilt. Love the colors!!!

 
I used a hot pink variegated thread and Deb's Swirls pantograph.

Minky on the back... so soft!

Judith went to Bee yesterday and sewed like a dream. She hasn't been out in probably a year:( Need to take her more often!

This is what all she sewed yesterday. The picture above is also part of the quilt.... hope to have flimsy done this week:)
 
I am a big snoopy fan and had to include this late Easter funny:)
 
Have an awesome sewing week!!!!
 

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...