Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 26, 2015

Welcome to the last weekend in April... May is just around the corner!!! And it is true April showers will bring May flowers!!! Have had some good rain lately and thankfully nothing serious!!! Do hear lots of lawn mowers today and yesterday:) Hubby has quilt mowing and hired a new company and they do a terrific job!!!! Was nice coming home from Round Rock yesterday and the yards were all done:) They do ours front and back, MIL front and back and the lot next to MIL house. Yes lots to mow... he has been doing it for over 30 years and thought it was time to stop:)

Got some quilting done this week and a few other things:)


First up is my Pearl Bracelet flimsy:) Just need to sew a backing and then put in line to be quilted:)


Close up.....

Gayle's Fall quilt. Used a panto called Curlz and Feathers on it.

Love the way it turned out!

Used gold thread on the back.....

Gayle's Christmas Sampler.

Had fun playing in every different block!

Sweet backing fabric.

Teacher Appreciation Day is coming and Alexis wanted me to emb these for her son's teachers.

T shirt quilt I am working on for Shelley's daughter. Her hubby hacked all the t shirts up so am having to do rows by size..... only 4 more rows to go:) Have a great flame fabric to use as a  sashing!

MIL Mother's Day gift... just need to stuff:) I made me one too:)
MIL is doing really good. Adjusting to the Assisted Living facility just wonderfully! Hubby has been on duty all week and has stopped by every day after work but will go every other day this week. He signed her out and took her to cemetery to visit FIL and they will go to VFW for Bingo tonight:) And then back. I still haven't visited but will surprise her one day... probably Mother's Day!
 
Went walking and saw this unusual flower. Of course saw them all along the back roads coming home yesterday. Well they are called Antelope Horns. Strange name but an usual plant! I have been good and walk about 4-5 days a week and am up to 3 miles each time:)
 
Found this awesome punch by Fiskars so I can just cut my own hexies instead of ordering all the time:) I have 17 out of 28 diamonds made so far:) Then of course all the border hexies:) Yes I am close to being crazy:) ha ha ha!!!!
 
Hope everyone has a great week and gets lots done!!!! I am planning to!!!!


No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...