Sunday, July 1, 2018

100 degree weather has arrived:(

Summer part 2 of so many parts has arrived. We are to have 3 100+ days and then a cool front with 30% chance of rain for the end of the week. Just hope we are in the 30% chance area!

Spent most of the week quilting... you will see LOTS of pictures:) Yesterday we picked up the flooring for hubby's bathroom. We will be working on the 4th.... hope to have a lovely picture next week!

On with the pictures:
Sewed my binding on my hand dye quilt:)

Mary G sent this antique quilt home with me the last time we were in Dallas. I think her MIL or Great MIL made it.

The quilt was perfectly square and meticulous!

I am SO glad I am not doing the binding on this one. Left the border unquilted in case she wanted to cut them off... I would try to do them with a bias binding.

I picked a muslin backing... yes reversible:) I will deliver it next month.


Judy Mc is a Great Grandmother and started this one when she heard about it.

He is only a week old and it is done:)

TOO cute!!!

Kathy J always has the neatest corners on her quilts! This one is  made with her hubby's shirts.

Just a simple all over loop meander.

Sweet backing.

Kathy also made this quilt.

Love the colors!

I quilted an all over stipple.

Jamie has a friend that cranks out charity tops so I got a few to quilt for her.

The Sunbonnets are So cute!


And another one..... Loops all over this time.


The center rosette for Millie Rosette #10b. Just read that there will be a Texas Millie showing at the Texas Quilt Museum in LaGrange in Oct-Dec.... will definitely have to go see that one!

This is a commissioned memory quilt I am working on.

I have figured out how to do the collared shirts but am still trying to figure out how to sew it all down... would you use colored thread? Clear? Zigzag stitch? I have it all pinned and waiting for the sewing down part now. If you have any idea please email me!!!!

Calli is adjusting to being inside all the time... she has a few crying times but when comforted is ok again:) She has been sleeping with me every night:) I am seriously thinking she is pregnant.... will find out on the 12th at her first appt.


:






No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...