Sunday, November 17, 2019

Hubby is officially retired:)

As of Friday Hubby is retired:) His job Bates Nissan in Killeen gave him a sweet farewell after working there almost 31 years.  There was cake and gifts! His sister and hubby drove in from Cedar Creek...about 2 hours away, son took time off from work, and my daughter flew in from Ohio while her hubby drove down from Dallas where his job had him this past week. Lots of surprises!!!

Here is a family picture:)
( Daughters Hubby, Brother in Law, Sister in Law, Daughter with me in front, Hubby, and son)

And here are the gifts:)
There were a lot of tears!

Okay so I did get some quilting done:)
Here is Dazi showing off her computer:) LOL!

Nancy made this Marines quilt.

A panel and a disappearing 9 patch for the blocks.

Love the writing!!!

My BOM that I got frustrated with is done. 
Of course I didn't get all the blocks done but that is ok!

Love the quilting design. Hope a chemo patient loves it too!

Stars for the backing.

Nancy also made this quilt.

I quilted snowflakes in a light gray thread so you can't really see them.
The deer is a great panel!

Here you can really see the snowflakes!

So the daughter is back in Ohio and also her hubby so we are back to our normal:) LOL!
Tomorrow is hubby's first day of retirement and he plans to go to the shooting range:) Me? Well I have a quilt loaded and will sew:)

Have a great week!!!!



No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...