Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7, 2013

Hi Ya'll:)
My Texas is coming out today:) ha ha! Was a nice 80 degrees yesterday and we are heading there again today:) Of course it was only in the 50's in the middle of the week... just remember that old saying... If you don't like the weather just wait a bit and it'll change:) Well only in the winter season as when it gets hot it stays hot!
Oh by the way there are Bluebonnets on the sides of the roads:)
I got to get some quilting done this week between Dr appts and lunch with retreat group:) That's always fun! Not the Dr appt though:) She has finally learned to pick her battles with me... if I ain't gonna I ain't gonna:) Yup I am a bit stubborn at times:)
So onward with the pictures:)

First up and my favorite!!! Is Christine's Zig Zag quilt. Boy did I have fun quilting this one!!!!! I am SO needing to make me one!

She let me play and was VERY surprised how it looked when she picked it up:)

The back shows the 15 bobbins of thread I used:)

This is one of mine from the needing to be quilted closet. I counted and I still have 13 more of my own to get quilted. Hopefully I can get them all done this year:) I think I said that last year too:)

It is the first larger twister I made using a layer cake.

I quilted Simple Butterflies all over it:)

This is another one from the closet. I had bought or the blocks were given to me many years ago. They were all handpieced by someone. All I did was add the sashing and border.

Used my new Baptist fan board. Not too bad since I just started using it on this quilt. I always like to practice on a few Project Linus quilts but thougth what the heck... it's mine anyway:) 


Another one.... this was a Lil Twister made from the scraps of the other Twister I just listed above:)

I used the same Simple Butterfly panto on it:)

Here is  a scarf I won from Patchouli Moon Studio. She was celebrating her 5 year anniversary and I was a follower and got to win one of her beautiful hand knit scarves:) Thank you!!!!


Last year the guild did a row quilt exhange. This is the finished quilt all quilted and is heading to Project Linus:) Pat will do the binding for me:)




I am at a stand still on my modern blocks as I ran out of background fabric. I was using some that I had bought for another project and then didn't like it for that. I finally remembered where I got it from and have 2 yds ordered... Just pray it is the same!

I am SO excited as tonight my friend Joan and I are going to attend the Miracle Tour concert!!!! Josh Wilson, Colton Dixon.... from American Idol fame, and Third Day will be there. This will most likely be the last concert the 2 of us will be attending together as she is leaving me this summer:( She has been threatening to move for about 20 years and is finally doing it! Good for her but bad for me:(

Happy sewing to all of you!!!!!





Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...