Sunday, October 11, 2015

Keeping busy:)

Hi all,

Well running late today as we were installing our new microwave over the range. The old one just went up and died for no reason and it was only 18 months old. No extended warranty for me! I of course was not going to pay someone $130 to install it when I knew we could do it for $0. So the new one we thought would just slide right into the bracket of the old one... nope of course not! So we had to drill new holes, take off old support bracket and install new one... yes we did try to use it:) Then of course the cord hole was in the wrong place. Got it all installed and guess what???? How do you get the vent tube to go through your ceiling with the microwave in the way???? Duh! You have to have it there first... I think we installed it 3 times but she is up and running now:) I never knew how much I used a microwave until we didn't have one for about a month.

I did get some quilting done this week:

Megan had this quilted in Colorado before she moved here. The gal did a pantograph all over the whole thing and Megan did not want that so her friends unquilted it all for her and it came to me. I was able to make it look more like she wanted except for the pictures... you can't get the big holes punched through them with the needle out. The other holes you can just wet and rub the fabric a bit and it all goes back together.

Love this background fabric!!!!

Great applique and embroidery.

State flower Columbine I think.

And the backing.

Isn't this the sweetest baby quilt! Also Megan's.

I made sure to take a picture of the giraffe for you know who:)

Great backing!

My September Bertie block all done:)

My October hanging up:)

Elaine made this cute quilt. It is just yardage with 2 borders.

I got to play on this one so there was a lot of ruler work... lots of straight lines!

And the backing matches:)

I also got 2 Project Linus quilted:)

This is the empty space waiting for.... my new machine..... Bianca... the  Bernina 880:)
I am trading in my 6 needle and then picking Bianca up on the 19th:) yea!!!!!!


  • BERNINA 880
  • I copied this picture from the Bernina site..... am SO in love!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                  Just having a hard time waiting!!!!

                        Enjoy the week... we are having warmer temperatures again which makes
                                     the cedar and ragweed happy but me not so much:(

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...