Sunday, October 4, 2015

October is finally here:)

I love October and November especially for the cooler temperatures!!! So nice to have open windows and not sweat walking out the door:) Oh and the fall colors aren't that bad either:)

Was busy quilting this week:) Had a must listen to body day and spent it with the heating pad on my neck most of the day:( Feel much better so back at it I go:)

Even Bob is enjoying the open windows:)

Jo made this bed runner for her niece.

I used the Featheration panto and then echoed around it.

She used muslin for the backing so it is reversible:)

Linda W is expecting her first great grand child and can you tell it is a girl?

She wanted pink butterflies so I used a butterfly panto on it.

Sweet backing fabric too!

Becky D made this amazing Halloween Quilt. After some research for some ladies that fell in love with it... it is called Sew Spooky and was a BOM but is still available as a kit or you can just buy the patterns:) I think I maybe seeing a few more of these in the future:)

Becky wanted it quilted lightly and for me to play:) The pumpkin house and pumpkin got green vines.

The candy corn border got a touch of modern quilting:)

The witch is saying...."I'll get you my Pretty!" And there are random eek and boo written in the background.

The backing fabric was perfect! Now it is up to Becky to add the buttons and crystals to it.

I asked the Hexie blog how to attach the borders and one lady stated to cut the length of the sides and then applique them on. So I did..... I pinned them on the back so I could keep the fabric straight and then on the front so it would stay down. I do see a few pokes from needles in my future:)

She also said to miter the corners and then finish appliqueing the hexies. Another suggested cutting and then appliqueing the border to the border so you have the straight line. Have time to think about that but did leave enough fabric on the ends for either.

Here she is hanging all done except for the borders of course:)

And this is what 2 sides look like. Will be a challenging project to finish but SO worth it!!!
My new goodies:) I am falling in love with anything Tula Pink:) These are charm squares from several of her lines and a fat quarter mystery bundle. Love them all!!! Am waiting for her Eden precut to come out to add to it. Am thinking of using them with the paper bundle I have.

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!!!!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...