Sunday, November 27, 2016

Okay Winter arrived last week and fall/spring is back this week:)

By my title you can tell it has warmed up and we got rain:) We did have a lovely very quiet Thanksgiving with pizza:)

We decorated for Christmas today:) Of course we were hot and melting but got it all done:) Used almost everything I have kept over the years:) I did a big purge a few years back. No real tree or even a big tree anymore. The babies... Jax and Gemma and even KoKo have never seen a Christmas tree. So we will keep up the tradition of a small tree with indestructible ornaments:)

We also started no grownup gifts last year... sure makes the season SO much easier and happier!!! No stress!!! Of course I have a few items for good friends and the granddaughters:)

In our Bee we do a sock exchange. You buy a pair of really fun socks and stuff one with goodies:) We had SO much fun with that last year!!!!

In our lunch bunch group we do a cookie exchange so I have to bake 6 1/2 dozen cookies next Sunday for that:)

Did you buy a lot of stuff on Black Friday? I found the Insta Pot for almost half price on Amazon so got that really quick! It arrived today:) I also bought some yardage for my hexie quilt from Fat Qtr Shop since everything for 20% off. I bought a few machine embroidery designs also. Wonder what will be on sale Cyber Monday??

I received Dazi's spring late Wednesday and then on Thursday we installed and I was back up and running on Friday:) So I do have some quilts to show:)

Judy Mc made this sweet Chrrstmas quilt. 

It was a Thangles Buck a block from a now closed Quilt Shop nearby.

I got to play with feathers:)

Another Judy Mc Thangles quilt.

The shop owner had either Western or reds... I did the reds one:)
I did special free motion in the borders and then loops in the rest... like rope:)

Had to piece her backing but still looks neat!

Ruth Ellen and her grand son made this quilt. I think it's Mine Craft... a video game.

She wants squares all over in green and then the white stitching in the "guy" is glow in the dark thread. Dazi was o too happy with it but since it was just a bit we pushed on:)

White backing really shows the squares.

More Christmas ornaments I made.

My wool penny rug that I bought in Houston 3 years ago is all finished:)

Used a batik for the backing instead of their boring black.

Closeup of quilting and hand stitching:)

More ornaments... am working on my favorite right now... a kitty!

The December wool hanging of the month all done:) 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting ready for Christmas!!! I am almost.... 6 more quilts... caught up with this years customers quilts:) Thanks again to those that let me push theirs to next year so I could meet the deadline:)

Have a great week!!!!






No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...