Sunday, November 20, 2016

Winter arrived!!!!

Wow we had 69 in the morning on Friday and by afternoon the North wind blew in! COLD!!!!! We made it Friday night without the heater but it was on Saturday as we had a light freeze last night. Kitties were warm all over our beds! Poor Baby still won't come in but I guess she's used to the weather:(

Well it was a week of lots of downs:( First I got the stomach thing back that I had in Houston... went on a very bland diet and it took almost all week to get back to normal... good news... lost 8 lbs:) Of course I know they will find me fast enough!  So that meant no Guild mtg and no Thanksgiving meal with MIL:(

Then to add insult to injury ..so they say..  Dazi broke:( I was changing the thread and the tension spring broke:( Of course ordered one right away but don't expect it until Tuesday or later:( So that has halted all quilting:( But the good thing is I got a lot of of my projects finished and my cutting table is free of piles:) It also means if the spring arrives before Thanksgiving I will probably be quilting that day. I only have 9 and 1/2... the one on the frame... to finish so it's still doable with extra work!

Oh and Tobi did not have surgery on Monday... they did his preop bloodwork and he is anemic... so more meds and he is rescheduled for the 13th of December unless there is a cancellation.

Like I said a fun week... not!!!

Well I did get one quilt quilted and another started and then all my projects:

Nancy made this really cute Bathing Beauties quilt.

Had a lot of fun with feathers on the squares and swirls on the shell fabric.
Full view:)


The batik backing was perfect!

I am caught up on my BOM:)


My second Flatty cat for Gdaughter #2.

The second bag is done")

This is the lining fabric. Daughter will get to pick which one she wants:)

The 3 other animal pillows are made. Hubby will pick 2 for Gdaughter #2.

Look what else I got started:) My t shirt rag rug!! Lots of fun and really works out your arms: Will do a bit more and then set aside for a few days:) I hope to post more progress next week. I am planning on 2 blue and 2 red and black rugs. Hope to get them all made!

Well hoping this week is much better!!! Hope yours is too!!!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!












No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...