Sunday, January 14, 2018

I am back... well almost:)


Tomorrow I will be back to quilting for customers:) YEA!!!

I SO enjoyed my time off!!! Not a whole lot of quilting but a bit of sewing and resting:)

We had a wonderful Christmas and both granddaughters loved their quilts:) The ABC and State map ones. MIL also came and spent the day.

New Years was just the 2 of us and we were in bed before the fireworks:)

Since 2018 started I have been going and going it seems.... joined a new Bee called We Care... chemo, PL, and pillowcases are made. Then there was the Waco Shop Hop, Lunch Bunch, and then a trip to Dallas Area for a few days. And Jan is halfway over already???

I should be home for the next 2 weeks except for groceries and my reg Bee next Friday:) Which is good because there is another cold front.... oh we have had a few and some snow also:)...that is to bring more snow and really cold temps! I am just hoping all this cold weather kills some of the bugs!!!! The heater has been lovely! So glad we got it replaced!!

Here are a few pics of what I have been ding while I was away:

These are the first 10 Steampunk blocks I have made... have the next 5 cut but not sewn. The curves are SO much easier then I thought it would be!

Purrfect is now quilted, trimmed and waiting for a binding... have not found anything I like yet:(

I made this lace angle with Bianca's help for my friend Linda:) MIL saw it and wants one for her Bday:)

3 more Sue Spargo Birds done:)

Rosette #3 is finished:)

2 more Bee quilt blocks stitched.

An apple chemo quilt all quilted for Pat.

More apples on the back!

And another one. I have a chemo and a PL quilted and the binding just needs to be sewn on. I also finished FIL shirt quilt except for the binding:) Maybe next week I can show you:)

#4 rosette started:)

Old curtains in the studio


New curtains:) YEA!!! I had the old ones in the sewing room in the house right after my daughter left for boot camp.... that was over 15 years ago.... yes I needed new ones! I moved them to the studio when it was remodeled. Found the fabric at Stitched with Love shop in McKinney:) Perfect!!


Bianca and I made this snowman... machine embroidery.

Guess that's about it from here... am still working on handwork and will do binding when it get cold again... ummm tomorrow:)

Everyone stay safe and healthy!!!









No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...