Sunday, September 9, 2018

Feels like Fall but it's really not!

We have had so much lovely rain this week:) And more predicted for next week:) The rain gauge says 2.5 inches so far.. I didn't empty it yet:) The clouds have keep the temps down but some days the humidity is pretty bad:(

I was home most of the week:) So yes got some quilting done:)

We also finished the hall redo and almost done with hubby bedroom... he is working on his door today and then it will all be done....well except for me sewing him quilt curtains using some of his old t shirts... so really tshirt quiltains:) Is that a new terminology?? LOL!

This week I will start taking down things in the living room and packing up the contents in the tv cabinet... fun days are ahead:) LOL!

I am also staying home most of the week so I can get a bit ahead in quilting since I will do none next week while hubby is on vaca and we are redoing the living room.

Ok on with the pictures:)

Janice made this whimsical Halloween quilt as a gift for a friend:)

The leggings and skirts were too cute!!!

Ooops! A spider appeared:) And there are spider webs in the corners of the border. Wanted to quilt them in the frog block but couldn't see how it would work with the filler I picked so.... the spider was quilted instead:)

Love the backing but then I love everything cats:)


Martha made this 30's  row by row quilt.

I quilted every row different... kept me on my toes:)

There were yo yo's sewn on throughout.

And feathers in the sashing and border.

Sweet cheerful backing fabric.

Butterflies were also included:) Only used 20 bobbins:)


Here is a picture of the remodeled hallway:) All silver hardware and grey paint.. and man I am SO glad hubby let me buy the more expensive light. I LOVE it!!!! So modern and bright! The floors are original:)

There was a local quilt show but I did not participate this year... just too many other things going on... but 3 of my customers won ribbons so I feel like I did too:) Congratulations Kathy J, Ruth Ellen and Erlene:) Thank you for allowing me to play with your quilts!

Hope everyone has a great week of sewing!!!








No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...