Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Hope all of you had a lovely day! We went to the cemetery to visit MIL and then just enjoyed a quiet day:)

This week has been busy!!! Monday and Tuesday I had to take sick days:( UGH!!! Pollen changed so had to change the allergy meds up a bit. Darn Cottonwood!!! Wednesday I quilted:) YEA!!!! Thursday the counter top was installed:) They were to come between 9 and 11... yup almost 11:) Only took them like 15 min and they were gone... then I headed out the door to run all my errands. Friday was Bee:)

Yesterday I really celebrated Mother's Day:) Hubby and I went to The Texas Quilt Museum in LaGrange to see Danny Amazonas display...all I can say is WOW!!!! His work is amazing!!! And they let us take pictures so Hubby took several...like almost 50:) LOL!!!

On the way down we stopped for BBQ at Southside BBQ in Elgin, then the Ace Hardware in Giddings... a great treasure to shop in plus they have the line of Shit seasonings we really like and we were almost out of Bullshit and Good Shit:) LOL!!! Then to Museum and then to Quilt Barn between Giddings and LaGrange. Sweet little shop! Then Buckeys in Giddings to fill up with gas and cherry sours:) Our favorite! Then a long ride home:) As we got closer to home we knew we weren't hungry but needs something so dipped cones from DQ was our dinner:) Great day even with sporadic rain showers.

I got the one quilt finished last week but not posted but it was shipped and arrived safely:) I loaded a one block wonder and have been working on it:) Was hoping to get a lot done this week on the quilting side but may not get as much done as I want:( I will tell you all about it next week!

Ok so on with the pictures!!!
Trisha made this I think as a graduation gift for her grandson.

I just followed the lines...very masculine!

All ruler work on this one. I used a gray brown variegated King Tut thread called Riverbank.

Love the backing!

Of course my favorite quilt was the Kitty:)

Beautiful dragonfly.

Love the puppies!!!

These were both 5 feet wide...just amazing!!!
They were all for sale also:)


My treasures from the trip yesterday:)

My to myself Mother's Day gift that I found at Ace in Giddings:)









No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...