Sunday, May 24, 2020

Only 1 more week of May!

Hi All,

We celebrated our 39th anniversary yesterday with take out and nothingness:) LOL!
Wanted to go out to eat at Hubby's favorite Catfish Parlour but it is an hour away and if I went I wanted to shop...could only go to quilt shop with an appt? Had no clue how Joann's was going to be so we just took a rain check and stayed in.

We did however talk to the concrete guy and they started today:) We are getting our driveway redone. It is original and was really starting to deteriorate.

Here is how it looks now. Hard to see but there is a sewer manhole to the right. Will call the city to look at it on Tuesday. He couldn't do the rest of the prep because tomorrow is a holiday. If it doesn't rain like they are predicting but changing every hour it should be poured on Saturday:) They also took the old basketball goal pole and the cinder block wall down for us. He is also going to try and get something done with my ever leaking studio. Happy Anniversary:) LOL!

Hubby worked most of the week stripping, priming, and painting the studio. Looks amazing and SO white:) LOL! Still has trim work to get done then I will post a picture.

So there was a bit of quilting and a lot of don't wanna this week. I would come in the studio get the machine ready and sew a few blocks and then I was done? Not normal for me but I think I am ready to live again!  BFF came over Friday and we went to the quilt shop and drive thru for lunch. It was just good to talk to someone and get/give hugs!
I had quite a few people through the studio this week... nice to have company!

Okay what I did get done:

Jill's modern quilt.

I E2E a circle design in black thread.

You can kinda see them on the back. She doesn't know what side she will be using but is thinking table topper.


Another PL

Pink E2E swirls.

What is on the frame now and forever!
It took me 2 days to get almost halfway. Lots of outlining and pebbles. It is a panel... 56 X 77 by Moda. She wants double batting so it will definitely have texture when I am done! 

Here are the Glitter blocks I have made so far.

And the chemo blocks are my leader enders.

I also started the commissioned memory quilt. 
Need client to pick sashing fabrics and then back at it.

That's all for this week... next week a road trip with friends:) YEA! and who knows what else:) LOL!
Have an awesome week!






1 comment:

Dot said...

Hi friend....Quilting beautiful as always. Never thought of making blocks out of enders. I would have to train brain. LOL I am working on PL quilts. Have a fun trip with friends. I don't know where Hemstead is. No matter fun. Buy buy buy. Tell the girls I send my best wishes

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...