Sunday, November 9, 2014

Nov 9, 2014

Fall has arrived again:) ha ha!!! We had almost 3 inches of rain at the beginning of the week and then a wonderful cool front has arrived! Lows in the upper 40's and highs in the upper 60's. Perfect weather!!!

I don't know if it's the time change, trip hangover or allergies but I have been slow moving this week:( I did get things done but I really had to push myself.... I think that since I still feel the same way it has to be allergies
:( UGH!!!!

Went to Buda with some friends to their quilt show and bazaar. Stopped in Georgetown to have breakfast at the Monument... no male waiters???? Last time we went we had so much fun flirting with the cutest waiter... that was disappointing for sure! The show had a few pretty quilts, a few vendors... no did SO not need anything... and lots of handmade items for sale. Then we visted the local quilt shop and I did find a few pieces I had to have:) Then to Kyle for pie:) It was a lovely drive!

Okay on to pictures:
This is Marylyn's jelly roll race quilt.

Just loops in a variegated thread:)

She is giving it as a gift:)

Also Marylyn's.

Love the redwork!!! I got to play:)

Wonder which block is my favorite????

Sweet quilt!

My first Houston project done:)

I am liking wool! And it didn't make me itch or anything:)

This is Nancy's jelly roll race all done in batiks.
 
The theme was turtles so I quilted around all the baby turtles in the border and water ripples in the middle

Beautiful backing!!!

I did add more quilting around the turtle couple as they were swimming and there was movement in the water and a few bubbles:)
 
That's all for this week:)
I am home most of the week this week so am planning on getting my list down a few more:) Christmas is fast approaching!
 
Have a sewtastic week!!!

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...