Sunday, November 23, 2014

Nov 23, 2014

Hello everyone!

I am writing with a heavy heart as my FIL passed away on Friday the 21st from heart failure. He will be missed by all! MIL is doing much better then we thought but has her times:( The visitation for family is Tues evening, public visitation Wed 10-12 and then graveside funeral at 1 at the Veteran's Cemetery in Killeen Tx.

 After that we have Thanksgiving and then she will go with my SIL to her home for a week or more. We can't do anything without the death certificate so that will prob be in 2-3 weeks and with the holidays more like 3. Then the real fun begins:( SO did not know about all the stuff you have to do... wish it was like the frontier days where you just buried them and then went on:) But then I guess that wouldn't be progress???

I did get some quilting done this week:)
First up is Gayle's wallhanging... remember I told you there were more:)

Love the borders!

Here's all the hard work:)

I finally finished this needle holder and gave it to Karen for her Bday... which was today:)

The inside...

When closed it it half a butterfly:)

The last of Gayle's panels.

Love the corner dot to dot quilting!

All my work:)
 

This is Erlene's Snail trail. She just wanted swirls so I used my swirls board:)

Turned out really neat!

The back...

This was before the great rain so there are sun places.... we did however get nearly 3 in of rain in a day and a half... so glad it wasn't cold enough for snow!!!!

The sunflower is growing:)

Another wool project from Houston finished:) I am really liking wool applique!!!! No worries about raveling!

Oh and here is the boss making sure I stay on task!!!! Must be really hard work cuz it looks like he is SO tired he can't hold his head up:) haha!!!!
 
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and remember to just graze all day so you don't get that full feeling;)
 
 

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...