Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer has arrived:(

Well as the rain has stopped, the humidity has risen and the thermometer has been turned up:( So if is 90 degrees it feels like 98:( UGH! This sis the part I don't like!!!! The older I get :) the less I can handle the heat:( But then life goes on:)

Friday evening I was sitting and enjoying a nice glass of wine after a wonderful bee meeting when I heard a crack! Went outside and saw that a big limb on my MIL tree had fallen on her house. We are thinking very gently as there was no damage:) yea! But of course we spent our Friday night cutting it all up and moving to curb for pick up on Wednesday. Always scary when your hubby is on a roof with a chainsaw!!!! But we got it all done and probably sweat out a gallon of toxins in the process:)

Very busy week and weekend so far! Lots of quilting and yesterday we went to grand daughters recital. Man are the little ones a hoot!!! Hayden is 5 so she was the 2nd youngest group. I loved the show and especially when she yelled "Hi Nana" after the finale:) Such a darling! They had a father daughter dance and my son looked so handsome all dressed up:) Seemed as if the fathers had a good time!

Then we went to Home Depot to pick up a new toilet, mirror, light fixture and paint chips for the bathroom. Oh did I tell you we are having it gutted and totally redone? Well we are. Those were the items we had to buy separately. If everything goes right they should start demo on July 5th. They are saying it will take 3 weeks... not too happy about that but what can we say?  I am ever so happy to have the MIL house right next door so we can shower!!!! I will be posting before, during and after pictures:) This bathroom is original except the toilet, vanity and flooring and that's old! The house was built in 1961. Yes time!!! Fun times ahead:)

On with the quilts!!!!

This is Jo Ann's lovely hand applique quilt.

I custom quilted it for her. Only took 28 bobbins:)

Love the texture on the backing!!!

Did enjoy making the square feathers again only smaller.

Judy made this cute baby quilt.

All hand stitched:)

She just wanted a large stipple all over.

Elaine stitched this adorable sunbonnet baby quilt.

Also wanted a large stipple on it.

The baby it is going to has a jungle themed room so this will be perfect!

Janice made a jelly roll race for her son.

My favorite fabric... hexies:)

He chose the backing fabric.

And she wanted his name quilted on it:)

The challenge with the Mighty Lucky Quilting Club has been all stitched down. Just need to sew the blocks together and get it quilted:) The next bias wall-hanging is in the works:)

Hubby and I will be heading to Clifton this afternoon to view the quilts from their show. There will be no vendors today and I am okay with that. There were a lot of ribbon winners I know and quilt for so want to see them especially! Also we have never been to Clifton so we will be on an adventure:)

It will be a stay at home week so lots of quilting will be done... well hopefully!!!!
Have a sewtastic week and if you are in Texas... crank up the AC!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...