Sunday, August 14, 2016

Fall is arriving a bit early... hope it lasts!

We are having some wild weather this summer! It only got really hot... 100's at the end of July and actually had 106 on Friday:( Yes a pretty uncomfortable day! Then the front came in and we had rain:) Yes rain in August?? Dropped the temps almost 15 degrees. Sat more rain and bit cooler but higher humidity because of the rain. Today cooler and more rain expected:) Actually more rain all week and cooler temps:) Not open the window temps but SO much better!!! Yea!!!! Of course hubby says he can hear the grass growing:)

Got a few customer things quilted this week. Had Bee on Friday and started a project that I had cut out, made the blocks on Sat and the top was done today:) I do like PIGS... projects in grocery bags... that are finished:) Of course mine are all in ziploc bags but I guess PIZ isn't as good:) Or PIB for the ones in boxes:) haha!!! So I guess it is now a WIP... work in progress as it waits to be quilted? I am sure someone will correct me on that acronym:)

Ok on with the show:)

Becky's daughter needed curtains so this is what she made:) 2 panels of log cabins:)

I just straight line quilted it with cream thread.

You can see the quilting on the backing. Would love a pair!!!

Jo made this stunning tree quilt.

She wanted the trees outlined and there to be swirls of wind blowing across the top. The fabrics were very interesting!

You can see some of the quilting on this gorgeous backing fabric!

Lori Beth needed a t shirt for her daughter beginning kindergarten in a few days... she could tell you how many days:) ha ha!!! So while I had the machine set up we did her little brother's and her cousin's also:) They will have a picture of them wearing it the first day of school through their senior year. Will be neat to see them growing!

I had this all cut out and hauled to Bee on Friday. Sewed all the flying geese at the bee, put the stars together yesterday and the top was finished today. really enjoyed making this one. It is from the book Quilts Without Borders by Jay Bird Quilts and I used one of Angela Walters fabric collections.

This is the guild's raffle quilt that is next on the frame: The gals did a great job of sewing it all together:) I donated the kit so they just had to supply the backing and batting:) LMK if you want to buy tickets:)

I have the purr-trait of Sox finished but am trying to send to email from phone and it is not arriving:( I will definitely post next time! I have started  another portrait but is is an owl... who-trait? ha!
Have an awesome week and remember if you make a mistake it's a design decision not actually a mistake:)











No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...