Monday, August 8, 2016

August already!!!

(Tried to post yesterday but the pictures wouldn't upload:( But I am here today:)

Whew it feels like August!!!! 100+ everyday for the last 10+ days:( UGH!!!!! This is the part of Summer I am never a happy camper with!!! Just wish for rain and cooler temperatures!!!!!

Did get my bran spanking new water heater put in. Do you believe the labor cost more then the water heater? Well... shouldn't have to worry about that for another 10 years or more:) Wonder what's next??? Hope we are done for the year!!!

Well I did get one quilt finished... and I mean it is all done;) It's the Lone Star I have been writing about. I was given just the star and had to finish it... well it is finished!!! Yes it was pretty warm under it doing the hand-sewing of the binding:(



This is our Do Your Own Round Robin through the Guild. This border requires applique. Dazi to the rescue with the paw prints. Only one more border to add:)

Here are my VERY VERY expensive quilting tools I used on the Lone Star quilt:) ha ha!!!

Here she is!!!! All done:)

I used the bowls to make where the feathers were going to be and how wide to make them.
I love the curls I put in the diamonds!

Here is a close up of one of the large squares I had to fill.

The backing that is blue was in his mother's stash... the muslin I added to make it big enough.

This is Sox my hubby's work cat that got hit by a car earlier this year. I have added the eyes and still need to do the background then he will be in line to be quilted:) I have an owl to do next... haven't quite figured it out but have lots of fabric for it:)

Pat and I went to Dallas area this past weekend. SO much fun!!! Visited 2 new quilt shops. Pieced Together Studio in Mesquite was in an old building but had great fabrics and great lighting! Will visit it again! Then we headed to Plano to visit Not Your Mama's Quilt Store. SO modern and fun!!!! They had a little bit of everything... Tula, Kaffe, and so many more!
Then of course we HAD to go to my favorite Stitched with Love in McKinney. 
We ventured into downtown McKinney to Emporium Pies for dinner... yes we had pie for dinner:) yums!!!! We also had a Make A Blanket Day. So a fun filled 2 days!!!
Today back to reality and quilting. Poor Dazi was empty all weekend... wonder if she feels naked???

Have a great week and stay cool if it's hot where you are!!!!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...