Sunday, December 18, 2016

Blue Northern blew in!

Hi all,

It is down right cold here in Central Texas today!  It was... wait for it... 80 degrees yesterday until about 5:15 then the wind perked up and it got cold!!!! Was in lower 20's and felt like 3 this morning:( UGH!!!! High today is 43 and tonight down to 19:( Then a nice warm up again. We were lucky we had no moisture in the air or there would of been snow and ice. I tried to catch Baby but she was not cooperating so it was a cold night for her... she still wouldn't play nice this morning so she has been out the whole time. She is feral so I guess she has a place to go?

Since it is now my time to quilt for me I was busy this week! I got 5 done but they were all panto-graphs. I have one loaded for tomorrow that will start the custom quilting:) I am hoping to get 8 done so there will be 8 left in the closet... there is always next year:)

Here are the pics:

I fell in love with this fabric and waited till I found the perfect pattern:)

Love the way it turned out. The quilting is Featherization in a medium grey thread.

Even has my favorite fabric on the back:)

This is a Jaybird Quilts pattern using Angela Walters fabric line.

Used Deb's Swirls with white thread.

Look more fabrics on the back:)

Here is the back first:) Extra fabrics:)

I bought this kit 3 years ago in Houston and had it made very quickly after that. Yes it has sat in my closet that long:(

I used a Frequency pattern with a lighter purple thread. Love the way it turned out!!!


This is a Shadow Box pattern from Missouri Star using Grunge... my all time favorite line of fabrics:)

I used Featherization again with a medium grey thread.

I really think I love the back SO much more!!!!

Okay so I have been keeping this one under wraps... it's my Ombre Hexie quilt:)

I just quilted straight? lines in whatever the background color was.

I SO love this quilt!!!! The backing is Concrete in a purple... also our Guild's challenge fabric next year:)

If you noticed some had the binding sewn on and some did not... well they all do now and I have great cold weather watching tv projects of hand-sewing all of them down:)


I just finished hand quilting my other hexie quilt:)




It was really fun:) Plan to do the binding with more hexies:) New technique for me:)

My first rug is all done:) Love love it!!!! It is so thick and heavy and feels good under your feet:)


Here is Bob doing his don't take a picture of me pose:) haha!!!

Sorry to say Tobi still has not returned home:(

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!!! 
CYA next year!!!!



No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...