Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Blue Northern blew in!

Hi all,

It is down right cold here in Central Texas today!  It was... wait for it... 80 degrees yesterday until about 5:15 then the wind perked up and it got cold!!!! Was in lower 20's and felt like 3 this morning:( UGH!!!! High today is 43 and tonight down to 19:( Then a nice warm up again. We were lucky we had no moisture in the air or there would of been snow and ice. I tried to catch Baby but she was not cooperating so it was a cold night for her... she still wouldn't play nice this morning so she has been out the whole time. She is feral so I guess she has a place to go?

Since it is now my time to quilt for me I was busy this week! I got 5 done but they were all panto-graphs. I have one loaded for tomorrow that will start the custom quilting:) I am hoping to get 8 done so there will be 8 left in the closet... there is always next year:)

Here are the pics:

I fell in love with this fabric and waited till I found the perfect pattern:)

Love the way it turned out. The quilting is Featherization in a medium grey thread.

Even has my favorite fabric on the back:)

This is a Jaybird Quilts pattern using Angela Walters fabric line.

Used Deb's Swirls with white thread.

Look more fabrics on the back:)

Here is the back first:) Extra fabrics:)

I bought this kit 3 years ago in Houston and had it made very quickly after that. Yes it has sat in my closet that long:(

I used a Frequency pattern with a lighter purple thread. Love the way it turned out!!!


This is a Shadow Box pattern from Missouri Star using Grunge... my all time favorite line of fabrics:)

I used Featherization again with a medium grey thread.

I really think I love the back SO much more!!!!

Okay so I have been keeping this one under wraps... it's my Ombre Hexie quilt:)

I just quilted straight? lines in whatever the background color was.

I SO love this quilt!!!! The backing is Concrete in a purple... also our Guild's challenge fabric next year:)

If you noticed some had the binding sewn on and some did not... well they all do now and I have great cold weather watching tv projects of hand-sewing all of them down:)


I just finished hand quilting my other hexie quilt:)




It was really fun:) Plan to do the binding with more hexies:) New technique for me:)

My first rug is all done:) Love love it!!!! It is so thick and heavy and feels good under your feet:)


Here is Bob doing his don't take a picture of me pose:) haha!!!

Sorry to say Tobi still has not returned home:(

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!!! 
CYA next year!!!!



No comments: