What a week!

Ok so not only was I recovering from my fall my kitty KoKo was at the vet everyday this past week:( She had stopped eating and was throwing up. Monday we went and they gave her a shot of nausea meds and antibiotics. Tuesday no better so she had xrays and bloodwork. They found a mass like item in her intestine, she stayed overnight with IV fluids. Wed she had ultrasound and exploratory surgery. They took 5 biopsies and sent off to Amarillo. Another overnight stay:( Doing better on Thursday but  by mid afternoon was running a fever so another night stay:( Friday she was doing much better! Her temp was normal and they were still syringe feeding her... she doesn't like her new food.... me either!..... The mass was on the outside of her intestines and was calcified fat, there was a string like object in her intestine... that was calcified fat string, her intestine walls were so coated that the food would just slide right through and no nutrients absorbed:( So I come home with my baby on Friday... I am syringe feeding her and giving her 2 different meds 2x a day and another once a day. Lots of fun!!!! NOT!!!!
Anyway it is all worth it esp when she curled up with me in bed Friday night:) We made a step ladder out of a trunk so she doesn't have to jump up and down so far with all her stitches:( She goes back in about a week to get them removed... Guess this is an on going adventure... it must of been brewing for sometime but I didn't pu on the symptoms as I thought is was Tobi causing the finds in the litter box.. poor guy was being blamed!The others are a bit confused that their dry food has been moved but are adjusting....

Now me... my hand is slowly healing... am hoping to be able to do ruler work later this week... if not I will just have to wait a bit longer.... I mostly quilted loop meander and stipple quilts this week and have 2 more I can do. The leg/knee has been more of a problem then I thought it would be... it is bruised all down my shin:( So no squatting or kneeling:( It has been a challenge but Hubby has been a great help!!!

So I would of been home all week but I was at the vet every day and I also had bee this week.. the vet said I could go:) Hubby visited her that day:)

 So this is what did get done:

Jill made a chemo quilt from one of the guild's kits.

I really liked the fabrics!

She pieced the backing and I did a gold loop meander all over:)

We are having a Project Linus challenge in our guild. We pu a kit of odds and ends and then add some to make a quilt. No buying allowed!

So I added the 2 emb blocks and Pat gave me the brown around animals, animal prints and the backing. It's not due till May but since I could I went ahead... the binding is on but not stitched down yet.

Pat made this for her grand daughter that is visiting next month.

Just a sweet little quilt with pink variegated loops.

Love the back!

Tula Pinks new line finally arrived at my house:) 

These are the last 2 BOM's.

A new customer made her first quilt and it is a t shirt quilt.

I finished it for her.

A nice variegated thread and stipple all over.

Here are all the BOM's on the design wall. Need to figure out if I like it or not:)

I have been working on another quilt but only at the bee... have all the rows sewn and now need to press and cut triangles out.

No Lucy Boston Cross finished this week... my hand can't that intricate stitching for long:( Maybe next week?

Enjoy the week! The weather has been beautiful until another cold front blew through last night:(
Cooler temps for a few days.


Popular posts from this blog

Happy October!!!!

Cold yet again:(

Super Bowl:)