Sunday, February 11, 2018

Cold yet again:(

The temps have gotten up to 70 before plummeting to the low 20's again:( The Groundhog or in our case the Armadillo did say there would be 6 more weeks of winter:( UGH!!!

Does tend to keep a body home and sewing:) Of course this week I wasn't home but 2 days.... 2 Bee's and errand day... still got things done:)

Got another block stitched out:)

Elaine made this sweet baby quilt.

I love that she let me "play".

It is for a little girl... I think she will love it!!!

Margaret stitched these out...she does such a great job!

Love that she used variegated thread for the roses... thought she kept changing threads... so glad she didn't:)



Solid white backing to show off the quilting:)

Cam made this memory quilt for her sorority sister.

These were pics 2 years before the son committed suicide:(

I hope it comforts her!

I bought these panels a few years back on sale and decided they needed to be a chemo quilt:)

All quilted and I bound it at We Care Bee.

Have decided to keep hand stitching the binding down... I machine did the 2 and did not enjoy it at all!!!!

This quilt had all parts donated and I just sewed them together:)

Wavy yellow lines to hold it all down.

Some boy will love this one!

Also made 3 pillowcases for donation... kits were available at We Care Bee.

Yet another block finished.....

Sewed all the Chopstick blocks together at Sew Creative Bee....

Yet another block:) Almost done!!!!

Ok so I told you Margaret was going to give me her MIL treadle... like last year..... 

Well here she is!!! Her name is Flossie after the MIL and she works!
Her serial number has her made in 1898.

She came with this amazing box of accessories.... need to research that a bit:)

Here it is all closed up.

Here is her face plate. She needs a really really good cleaning!

The Singer ensignia.

A whole pic of her:)

So have been doing a bit of research to see what I need to clean her with.... there are rust like spots on her but it's not rust... maybe just dirt as a dirt dabber has a home in it... he has moved out:)
I am SO glad to add Flossie to the family!!!

MIL fell after her shower on Friday... the health aide told her to stay right there and she did not 
listen:( She had a cat Scan and all is good... she went to Bingo Sat and is there now:)

Hope ya'll have an amazing week!!!




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...