Sunday, November 25, 2018

After Thanksgiving

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Hubby and I worked all day! We did get a bunch accomplished so we are VERY happy!!!

These are the before and after pictures of the kitchen. The countertop guy comes Tuesday so hopefully the kitchen/dining room will be all finished before my daughter arrives on the 15th:)

Kitchen before..... everything has been painted except the bottom cabinets.
We installed the enclosed area above the top cabinets.

Dining room before.....

The Jelly Roll rug I made for the entryway but then moved into the kitchen:)
I will need to make another and a smaller one for the cat feeding station.

Our biggest helper KoKo:)

We ripped up 5... yes 5... layers of flooring on Thanksgiving Day.  We actually found the original flooring that had to be some sort of ceramic or clay or else it was SO old it turned to that? The day before we had finished painting.

Here is dining room with out the flooring:) The black is a water resistant thing they had put down when the house was built in 1961. The edges all along the wall and some of the seams were very sticky from the original glue. Such good work was done then!

Dining room with new flooring:) YEA!!! I have new metal chairs on their way:)

Kitchen with new flooring and 2 tone cabinets. The floor really made the lower cabinets look SO good! Where the little white cabinet is is where the island will be next year with a dishwasher:)

More of kitchen with new fridge.Today we are cutting, painting and installing the baseboard trim. I am pretty darn good at cutting miters now! The butcher block countertop and backsplash will be gone soon hopefully!!!

I bought this Paper White as an impulse buy at Aldi's.

She is getting taller and has 1 bloom that is getting ready to start blooming soon:)

This is... hey who's head is that???? Bob:) Guess he wanted to be done in 5D diamond painting also:)

Here is the last of my cat pictures...now to find frames:)
I also finished up my redwork nativity. Too cute!!!

There was NO quilting done all week and I do not feel guilty at all:) I am ready to get back at it tomorrow!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...