Monday, January 14, 2019

Happy New Year 2019

Hi Everyone:)

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year holiday:)

Ours was very busy. Daughter came to visit and was here a weekand left before christmas. Then Christmas with the granddaughters:) All fun!!!

New Years not so good:( MIL passed away on the 31st.  She was 91.5. She had been slowly fading and was unable to leave the assisted living center for over a month:( She lost her mobility and then I think she just gave up. We had her funeral the 11th. Daughter flew in the 10th and left yesterday as she has to go back to college today. Here is a link if you wish to see her obituary:
 https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/copperas-cove-tx/elfrieda-carter-8107239

So I have been quilting Millie on and off this year but it is slow going so I am getting further and further behind but I am okay with that:) No one is in a hurry yet for their quilts:) LMK if you are:)

Here is what I did get done before the year ended:
A Project Linus Quilt I had made

Someone donated this hand appliqued quilt that they had started hand quilting to Project Linus.

I have had it probably 6 months and finally just quilted curlz all over.
Turned out really nice.



Another Project Linus made by me:)

Love Texas!!

All my leftover flannel for a chemo quilt.

Bright and cheerful backing!

These princesses were leftovers from the book pillows I made the girls from Christmas... and yes they loved them!

More curlz!

Pink cowgirls.

 
Just love the curlz!

Bear boys quilt.


Another bear quilt.


Bought this wool kit when we were in Ohio 2 years ago and it is done:)

I sewed all the birds together and the vine is all hand sewed down so now on to the 96 1 in circles:) 

Here is hubby punching all those circle for me:)

And Handsome is holding the top down so I can pin all the circles. 
Just great to have SO much help:)


Quilting Millie... I am now almost finished with the green medallion so it is coming along.... 

SO the other BIG news is that hubby is retiring in November......we are both pretty happy with that decision! His workplace is making lots of changes and he just doesn't want to change with it so he will hang in 209 more working days:) And that does not count the 10 days off for vacation:)LOL!

Also the counter top will be installed on the 24th and the back splash on the 25th. We haven't done anything else with all the  holiday activities... wait I did order a new trash can yesterday for the kitchen:) hehe!!!

Hope everyone has an amazing week!!
Mine is busy with 2 days for quilting.



No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...