Sunday, July 14, 2019

More rain and humidity:(

So for our July there still have been NO 100 degree days...surprise!!! We did get a bunch of rain again but we are okay with that. We drove to Georgetown on Friday and everything was so green...unheard of here in Texas in July!!!!

So we went to Georgetown to get 2 of Hubby's Basal Cell Carcinomas taken off...they did it three times before they got it all and he got stitches:( Poor guy! On was on his left ear and the other on his cheek below his eye. Now we have to keep them covered until we go back in 2 weeks to get the other ear done. Fun times:) LOL!!! We were there 4 hours so I got 3 flowers made for LaPassion...at least I did something while I was there:) Then late lunch and back home.

The appliances arrived for MIL house and the range was damaged:( So back it went. Of course it is special order and won't be in till the 3rd so I ordered from Home Depot and it should be delivered on Wed....I did say should didn't I? I have not cancelled the other one yet. Most of the flooring is in and it is starting to look like a house instead of a storage facility for tools and stuff:) The Garage door people called and gave me an estimate over the phone???? Nope did not accept and the guys are going to try to fix them for me. I am surprised some of these companies are still in business!

So on the quilting side...I did get 3 done this week and have one loaded for tomorrow:)
Want to see? Of course you do:) LOL!!!

Mary G made this quilt for her daughter. She had spent some time in Europe and visited Disney so wanted a memento for her son.

Light quilting as requested.

One of the borders. Mary painstakingly appliqued them all down and also made the flags from ribbon.

And of course Mickey backing fabric:)

Mary also made this runner.

Just straight line quilting except around wording then I did curls.

And even stitched in a star or 2 which you can only see on the back.

Brenda called this one a charm pack quilt.

All that gold in the fabrics.

I stippled with King Tut gold thread.

Yesterday Hubby and I worked on Pfeffernusse a bit. He cuts the blocks apart and also snips the seams so I can get little pinwheels on the back so the blocks lay flat. Great assistant!!!

Another BUSY week coming with our Quilt Show next weekend. Hubby and I will be helping to setup and tear down:) 

Just in case you are interested and want to see the beautiful quilts:

Wildflower Quilt Guild Quilt Show 2019
"Star Light, Star Bright" 
Friday July 19 9am - 5pm & Saturday July 20 9am - 4 pm
Frank W Mayborn Center
3303 N 3rd St
Temple, TX
Admission: $6

Hope to see some of you there!!!
Have a great week!




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...