Sunday, December 1, 2019

December has arrived!

Hard to believe the year is almost over already!

Yesterday we had 75 degrees and today low 50's:( Surprise!!! We got all the Christmas out inside and out since it was a nice day:) Just need to pu our little live tree next week and get it decorated. I have all my shopping done and all I need is to make some January kitchen towels...mostly machine embroidery.

Busy week here... Mon we headed to Waco after my dental cleaning. Hubby had a Cabela's gift card burning a hole in his pocket:) LOL! While he was there I went to Joann's and World Market...was really good...only bought what was on the list! Had a lovely lunch at Don Carlos.
Tues we spent at home...I got the quilt finished that was on the frame:)
Wed we were on the road again...had to get Kitty nummies and also went to Temple to Michaels. I needed 5" wooden hoops for a project and website said they had some in stock. And of course we had to eat after:) Jodi's burgers and onion strings... the best! Then stopped at Academy and then home. Thurs was Thanksgiving and we watched football, ate pizza and I sewed:)
Fri had to get groceries and sewed more:) Yesterday decorated and cleaned house:)
Today back to crafting...and sewing.

Okay so on with a few pictures:
This was made by Ruth Ellen. She will be using it as a shower curtain.

Love the borders!

Used ruler and free motion stippling.

She used muslin for the backing and there is no batting inside. Can't wait to see it hanging in her bathroom!

So I have been working on Bonnie Hunter's Emerald City and made 144 of these....only 1 mistake:) Have 22 more to sew of the 4 piece strips and then more half square triangles to make. It is coming along! I want to do her mystery quilt but won't start until I am finished with this one! I can only handle one of her projects at a time!

This is what you saw Bianca stitching out last week.  Also what I needed the hoops for:) It's a shadowbox with the 2 layers on separate hoops and then glued together. Really like it! There is velvet black ribbon on the outside.

Also made this shadowbox. It has 4 layers and I had to make each individual frame and then glue them all together and put in frame.

Here it is in the window.

So better get some more sewing done!
I am finished quilting for the public till next year. I do however have 10 Project Linus quilts to get quilted. Will start tomorrow! Then mine!!!
Have a great week!




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...