Sunday, December 15, 2019

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

This will be my last post for the year..too much baking and such to do so no more quilting until January:) And if we do I will post next time:)

Had lunch bunch, went to the Temple RR museum to see 17 modern very artsy quilts with a dear friend and had lunch at BJ's, went to Bethlehem in Burnet Texas...if you live anywhere close you really need to go!!! So it was a go go week:) LOL! Always fun to get out this time of year!

We did get a few quilts done:
A PL. Used a square motif with a variegated thread.

Backing.

PL again:) Didn't change a thing on the computer:)

Backing.

I made this PL with a charm pack and then found the car fabric at Joann's. Perfect!

Swirly wheels quilting:)

I am putting blocks together:) This is Bonnie Hunter's Emerald City pattern

Have my 2 ongoing projects on the design wall:)

LaPassion center medallion is done and I am setting it aside for a month or so:) There are 2092
 7/8 inch hexies in just this section...only 15000 plus to go:)

I made this quilt a few years ago. Moda had it as a free pattern and yes all hand embroidered blocks.

Not real happy how the quilting turned out...user error in that I should of added more hexagons so they would of been smaller and filled up the top more. Like I keep saying...still learning!

Will probably donate to Guild for chemo patients.

Hard to believe another year is almost gone! SO many changes this year!!! Mostly good ones!
Sold MIL house, reunited somewhat with my parents, and the big one... Hubby retired:)
He has been retired for a month now and all is still well:) LOL! He will get his first SS check next week... the excitement is overwhelming:)

Christmas is quieter this year with us being on a limited budget now:) 
Great excuse to not overspend or overdo!
Feels funny not baking as much as we usually did... I would send plates of goodies with Hubby to work for his employees. Would make 6 or more things and this year just 3:) We have discovered we really didn't like some of the things but it was a good giveaway.

I am hoping each and everyone of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Celebration!
Thank you for reading my little blog:)




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...