Sunday, March 22, 2020

All seasons here this week!

Hi All,

First I hope everyone is well and staying home as much as possible! We were home all week except to go get groceries and cat yummies. The shelves were bare but we got almost everything we needed. Just a few more items and we can stay home for 2 weeks in case that happens which I feel will shortly:(

I did get a massage in on Thursday and they got closed down on Friday...lucky me!

I am still quilting and have had a few ladies drop off and pu but I am thinking that will have to stop soon. I have one appt for Tuesday and then I think I will stop taking them in until the madness is done! I will have plenty to keep me busy:)

My daughters graduation from THE Ohio State has been delayed so I have all the hotels cancelled. We were to take a lovely 2 week trip and drive up...maybe later this year?

So we had summer... 80 degrees, we had winter... down to 44 degrees, we had spring..70's with a total of 5 inches of rain in 2 days:( Ugh and yes we have a leak in the studio again:( Will give hubby something fix when it gets in the 80's again this week. That is Texas weather for you!

So Hubby had the computer going this week and we got a lot of quilting done!

First up is a flannel Project Linus quilt.

We used a western theme design called Yippee Ki Yay and red thread.

Here is the back.

Another PL. 2 panels back to back.

I just stippled all over.

Fran made this sweet Kaffe quilt.

We used a digital design called Curly E2E using a light purple thread.

LOVE the backing fabric!

Dot made this table topper with scraps.

We used a digital design called Mod Dotz and a light blue thread.

Interesting backing:) My fav!

I finally finished my sailboat PL.

I had run out of the sky fabric and ordered it and it took forever!
Also digitally quilted with Ripples and blue thread.

I love the backing fabric Hubby picked. 

This was an emergency quilt!
Margaret called and she has a friend who's daughter has breast cancer for the 3rd time:( and is not doing well. We used Curly E2E and tan thread.

So we quickly quilted it and she will finish it and give to gal...she is only 50. Had her first cancer at 20:(

Sweet gingham on the back.

Also got a man's chemo made and quilted all in one day:) LOL!
We used Ripples and a teal thread.

A client donated the lure fabric when she was destashing and it just came together quickly after that:)

There was enough for the backing, binding, and also for a PL that is made but waiting to be quilted:)

I hope everyone is sewing and staying home! 
This is a crazy time but I know we will endure and be better people for it!
There have been so many acts of kindness on FB.. it should always be like that not just when there is a pandemic! Now that is a word I never thought I would use!
I have enough projects to keep me busy for months and I bet you do to! 
So just sew and be well!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...