Sunday, July 19, 2020

Cooler temps coming:)

Hi All,

So it got to 106 this week:( TOO hot for me!!! Of course the end of next week our high will be 88. Unheard of in July in Texas! Supposedly there is a cyclone in the Gulf and we get 1/2 in rain and cooler temps from that. I am good with that! Just hope there is no damage on the coast!

Wanted to tell you that son had to be tested and is negative:) His coworker and her son both have it:(

Quilting and sewing this week:) Also had our lunch bunch meet for dessert:) Always good to see these ladies!

We had some awesome news this week.... you knew we were to have a new grand baby in Jan or earlier and it is a BOY!!!! A first for us! He will be joining 2 sisters:) Everyone is SO happy!!!!
I already have a few projects in the works:) LOL! Along with quilts for the girls and travel pillows... should keep my weekends busy for awhile!

School starts here on Aug 18. Not sure when the girls go as they live in the next town over. I just ordered a panel from Fort Worth fabric studio to make a bunch of fun masks in case they need them.

I have the eldest girls cat quilt all cut out... 42 different cat fabrics... wasn't that hard for me as I think I have over 200 different cat fabrics... I have been collecting a few years:) LOL!

On to pictures:

Elaine fell and needed a baby quilt made for a great grand child. She gave me everything and I just put it all together. She figured since he was a July baby he needed a patriotic quilt.

And quilted it with stars and loops.

Sparkly backing fabric! I sewed the binding on but she is doing the hand sewing on it.

Shaleem made this wall hanging/table topper.

Freemotion quilted feathers and swirls and pebbles. There was also some ruler work:)

Love the backing fabric!

Another quilt by Shaleem. She has a bunch hanging in her closet that just need to be quilted so they can be finished:)

More curlz, swirls, and feathers:)

Love the Kaffe backing fabric!!!

My chemo top is finished. It is a free pattern from Jordan Fabrics called It's Hip to be Square. The fabric was donated by a client:) Just need to pu backing and it goes in the closet to be quilted.

Max says Hello:)
He is still in his kitten mode and is really a wild thing at times:)

Not home much next week but that's ok:) I need the break!
Hubby has been working ion my bedroom getting it ready to paint. There are only 2 rooms that have not been updated... his Earnhardt room and my bedroom. Don't think he is going to do anything to his room but I want to put my Pfeffernusse quilt on my bed and am waiting for the new paint:) Hopefully it will be done this week... to hot to be outside!

Have an awesome week and please wear your masks!










No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...