Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Hello everybody and welcome 2013:) Hope you had a wonderful holiday!!!

I got to spend time with my daughter in MS and my inlaws in FL. It was a mini vaca on the beach!!!! we drove and although it was long it was pretty uneventful:) yea!!!! While it was raining and in the 30's in Tx it was sunny/partly cloudy and upper 60's in Fl. We got to walk the beach every morning except one when it was a windy 38. Lots of people on the beach but not near as many as in the summer:) Good for us!


This was the view from our hotel room. We stayed at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. A nice inexpensive clean hotel right on the beach.
We did some touristy things while we were there.....visited the Angell and Phelps Chocolate Factory in Daytona....nice free tour and samples:)
The San Sebastian Winery in St Augustine. Nice free tour and free samples:) Bought a case of their Vintners Red and 2 Rosa. Yums!!!!
Also the Whetstone Chocolate factory. Had to pay for the tour but it was VERY informative. I love artisian dark chocolate so was in heaven:)
Oh and of course quilt shops:) The Bourne Quilter in Lafayette LA, The Bird's Nest in Ormond Beach Fl, The Quilt Store of Deland in Deland Fl, and Magrieta's Quilt Shop in St Augustine Fl. All were really good and had different stuff so had a lot of fun and bought too much but that's ok hubby did to at his Nascar collectible stores an. We hauled back 2 race car tires...yes real tires! One was practice used and one was brand new with the sticker still on it. He was in heaven:)

Ok back to quilting..... I can finally post the quilts I made as gifts:)

 I made this quilt for my grand daughter Hayden.

I had quilted one of these for a customer from OK and my daughter saw it on
the blog and fell in love with it. So after a good search I found the kit in OK and ordered 2. One for me and one for her:) Mine is made just not quilted yet....the story of my life:)






This is a minkee type football blanket I made for Benjamin. Saw it on Pinterest and found the directions. His daddy is a Colts fan:)


This was made on the embroidery machine for my friend Joan. It has the mustard seed verse embroidered in the border.

My son in law Jake has been in the family 3 years and finally got his first quilt. Used a lot of brown and off white scraps. Turned out awesome!!!



Oh and you ask where were all the cats while we were gone???? Well Joan came over twice and day and took care of them. She said they were entertaining and she never knew what mess they would have for her when she came over:) I did snap these 2 pics before we left....



Won't be quilting until the middle of the month. Am waiting till my new bigger frame arrives:) So will be sewing and finishing up a few UFO's and starting a few new ones too:)

Happy Quilting!!!!




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...