Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2, 2013

Whoot Whoot June is here!!!! Why am I so happy about June???? Well it is my Birthday month and also my son's my bestest friend and a few other friends:) This is like Christmas in June:) ha ha!!!!

I did get the one quilt finished but then life took over:) Was at June's sewing and then errands and visited a grand lady in Lampasas that does a lot of tops for Project Linus that I quilt:) Then the week was pretty much over already!

Here are some pics of the week:


This is the ginormous quilt I had been working on for Shirley:) There is a  ton of quilting on it and it really turned out pretty:)


You can see the hand quilting she did on the right. She did that in a few spots and I tried to keep it original without pulling out any stitches. Was a challenge but I think the daughter will appreciate it:) Also she put pre- quilted fabric on the back... first time I quilted that but it was easy to quilt on.
 
Birthday mug rugs ready for giving away:)

 
Texas cross stitch for a dear friend moving to TN at the end of the month... gonna miss her!


I belong to a Bee in Belton called the Sew Creative Quilting Bee. Well it became known that a twin of one of the members was diagnosed with breast cancer. Immediate action made this quilt in just 2 weeks:) 8 members made 2-3 blocks, Kathy put them all  Rosemary quilted it.
 
I made the label and did the binding. It was presented to her Friday and she loved it:) yea!!!! Please keep Glynda and Lynda in your prayers!

 
I took Judith to June's this past week... her first outing:) She sews like a dream!!!!
 
This is a picture of her back home in the studio sewing on the Illusions mini quilt:) Remember there were scraps and that will turn into a mini quilt..... I know I am SO addicted!!!! I keep saying this is my last one:) We will have to wait and see:)
 
Oh and I won a yd of great farm fabric from Marjorie's Busy Corner Blog from the bird Blog Hop:) Thanks Marjorie!!!! I will take a pic after I get a few borders on it and quilted for Project Linus:)
I also won a $15 GC to Fat Quarter Shop from Pile o Fabric Blog:) Yup I already used it to buy a few Flats panels to  make as Christmas gifts:)Thank you ladies!!!!
 
Happy sewing!!!!
 

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...