Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29, 2013

Well June is about gone and Summer is in full swing! 106 degrees yesterday:( UGH! Of course a cold front is due tomorrow so the high on Monday is suppose to be 91:) yea!

Had an awesome Birthday and thank you for all the birthday wishes:)

Loved all my gifts but have a special place for these:


These are hand knitted owls:) I saw them when I was doing the Birds Blog Hop and Patchahouli Moon had these on her blog. I sent the link to 2 friends that knit. One asked the other if she was going to make them. She said she would try:) Thanks Karin!

 
Just the sweetest!!!
 
I did get a little quilting done this week but mostly sewing:)
 
This is Kim's scrappy quilt. I just loop meandered with a variegated thread. Love the colors!


This is Santa's Ride all quilted and bound.



 
Christmas Truffles is all done:) I had to wash all the stabilizer I used out so it is really old looking now....you know wrinkled up:) I also used a Color Catcher. Worked great! It was pink from the red DMC floss and there was none on the wallhanging:) Success!

 


This is the mess under my chair in front of the sewing machine..... While I was sewing these. Can't show yet as they are Christmas gifts:)

Started my grand daughters Christmas gift. It's a pattern by Kimberbell called Mini Kimmy Doll and Quilt. Those are Kimmy body parts and her dress still to be put together.

This is the mini quilt. In the upper right hand corner is a place to put Kimmy:) I had won the fabric on a hop sometime ago and it is perfect! Need to find a border and backing yet.

The hand embroidery on it. The bottom one says Sweet Dreams. It looks better than the picture.

 
Benjamin's mommy got the hint and sent me a picture of his birthday pillow and of course his big sister wanted a picture taken of her pillow too:)


 
Stay cool and have a great week!
 
 
 

1 comment:

biku @ 18th birthday wishes said...

It is rainy season here in India (by the way I am from India). I simply love those owls. It seems that you have had a great birthday. My best wishes are with you.

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...