Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14, 2013

Wow it's only 77 degrees outside at 3 in the afternoon in July in Texas? What is happening???

Oh what is that....wet stuff falling from the sky??? Could it be... no it must be... yup it's rain:) yea!!!!! We are to have this type of weather most of the week unless the weatherman changes his mind... has happened before:)

Hubby is flying home tomorrow and his sister is arriving tonight. FIL is doing much better. In fact he beat everyone up this morning:) Hopefully the SIL can get them back to Texas!

Had a shocker of news last week. Mrs Taylor that sews at least 50 baby quilt tops every few months for Project Linus passed away from injuries in a car crash:( She was a beautiful woman with a beautiful giving heart! She has left a hole in my world:( She was 86 years old and had a pig valve out in her in Jan of this year. Guess God was ready for her and I know she was ready but the rest of us were not:( She leaves behind 10 children, her husband and many grand and great grand children!



Ok did get some quilting and sewing done this week:) Also attended the Temple Texas Wildflower Quilt Guild Show on Friday. I unfortunately did not place any quilts in it as I was thinking I would be in Florida at the time. There were beautiful quilts and lots of friends to visit with:)

 

 

This is Maleah's Mardi Gras quilt:)

I used grape thread and used Deb's Swirls.

This is the back...had to sew pieces together but I think it turned out really nice!

This is Maleah's first ever quilt. She had started hand quilting it but then undid what she had done and gave it to me to quilt:)

She did an awesome job of piecing!

She let me play so play I did:)
These are my favorite 2 blocks.


The back is beautiful too! Lots of thread changes and thread burying but all worth it!
 
Was sewing my Chevron together and look what happened? So unsewed and resewed:)

Here is the top right and finished...now to get it quilted:)

This is grand daughter's Me and My Dolly quilt top. Just have to quilt and finish the doll to go in the top right hand pocket:)
 
 
Have a sew great week!
 
 

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...