Sunday, August 25, 2013

Aug 25, 2013

Howdy everybody:)

Man this taking care of old folks is hard! I remember taking care of the kids and I can certainly compare it to that! Of course I was younger then too:)
The Dr appts and the daily afternoon shopping trips are eating up all my time.

So needless to say not much is getting done around here but I did get to go to San Antonio Quilt Show and stopped off at Magnolia Pancake Haus.... yummy!!!!
This is a picture of my pecan waffles with peach compote and homemade whip cream:) The pecans are in the batter... they were so light and fluffy!!!! Will try the bacon ones next time... and yes there will be a next time!


Of course we had to stop at the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls on the way home for Pie Happy Hour:) I took a whole pie home and there is still some left but not much:) Love the high meringue!

Chocolate Meringue:) YUMS!!!!
 
Hubby had the parents while I was gone. He lost them in Walmart 2 times:) Now he knows what I go through everyday:) He pretty much has them on weekends so I can get work done:) What a sweetie!!!! He only had them one at a time while he was in Florida:)

Jax wondering what all the hoopla is about:)

Ok I did get one quilt quilted:) Yes it is mine:) yea!!!

It is my Chevron quilt. I did a lot of free motion in the white and feathers in the colored:)

This is the back... I bought the backing in La Grange:)

Finally a few pictures outside:)




 

Found this on Facebook... too cute!
 
Hope everyone has a great week!!! I am quilting a Breast Cancer quilt today so I can get it to customer:)

3 comments:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol said...

That waffle looks yummy!!! Darn, wish I would have known about that place for breakfast. And the pie....well...amazing!

Your Chevron quilt is lovely too:)

Teresa in Music City said...

Glad you found some time for you! Love the Chevron quilt!

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...