Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jan 18, 2014

What fun we had today:) The gals and I piled into my car and I drove about an hour away to a first time quilt show in San Saba, TX. They had 200+ quilts. What was neat is you had to sign in/pay at an old hotel. Totally cool! Small though...we were trying to figure out how many rooms there were...I know should of asked:)
 
The show was spread out in 4 locations. The Winery:), Mercantile, Emporium, and the Bank lobby. Lots of antique quilts. Then there were the modern quilts from 1970 and up:) ha ha!!!! I guess that's modern? I did take a few pictures of ones that really caught my eye:)
This one is made from ties. The best use of ties I have ever seen in a quilt!
It was in the winery....could see all those wine barrels:)

This one was in the bank lobby. The notice said it was an Angela Walters pattern:)

 Ok this gal is SO crazy!!!! A big Cathedral Window quilt. Such beautiful colors.... I made it to mug rug size and had enough:)
A nice modern quilt with different chair fabrics. Who knew there that many:)

Dr Who is ready for borders...Needs something to go between galaxy and stars...

Black is perfect:) Now  I can get it done:)

Granddaughters big girl quilt is all quilted:)

I did swirls because the wind is blowing her skirt:)

Found just enough white dragonfly fabric in the stash:) Will do the binding hand sewing next week.

The Great Pumpkin BOM is all quilted too! Only took me 3 days!

Here is a corner... needs binding stitched still... will start tonight:) I will post better pics next week after it's all done.
 
Business has picked up a bit:) Have a few quilts in so will a few done this coming week:)
 
Have an awesome week!!!!

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...