Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 31, 2014

Can you believe its the last day of May already? June is always a busy month with lots of birthdays to celebrate:) And now with the temps creeping to 90 it actually feels like summer. We got a bit of rain yesterday but last week we got almost 6 inches:) yea!!!! Everything is SO green!

Hubby arrived in Florida Wednesday and today he, his sister, the in laws and their cat started their journey to Texas. They should arrive Wednesday evening. Oh what joy:) Yes there is a bit of sarcasm there:) ha ha!!!

I am enjoying my quiet time:)


Here is what I worked on all week.....
First up is Gayle's wedding quilt for her nephew.

Of  course she let me play:)

I used an oval ruler to stitch rings around the blocks and then outlined them

I stippled in the larger areas and pebbled close to blocks.

Then loopys in 9 patches and feathers in border.

And it is reversible :)

This is Marlyn's jelly roll quilt for her gdaughters graduation.

Just loop meandered in the center and feathers in the border.

She wanted me to use blue thread in border.

This is Betty's first ever quilt. It is for her gbaby due in Aug.

Her daughter wanted a patchwork quilt... I think it was a success!

 I made this for my BFF Pat for her Bday Monday but gave it to her yesterday:)

She needed a new clothespin bag:)

Park Bench BOM's.
 
I have a top about done for me and a 30's kit quilt on the quilter. It is beautiful!!!! Lots of ruler work following all those stamped designs... will be worth it!
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...