Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 1, 2015

Happy early Birthday to the Great State of Texas!!!!

March 2, 1836: The Texas Declaration of Independence is signed, calling for Texas’ secession from Mexico. Fighting had already begun at the Alamo.

I always remember this day:)

Well the week went fast but I still got things done:)

Monday I had to drive to Gatesville to show up for Jury duty. Of course the roads were horrible... all country roads.... get there and by lunch they are closing the courts because of the weather??? Should of done that before we all risked our lives! We are to be back at 1 on Tues. The roads were clear all day... well of course! Got excused at 4 and not picked for a sentencing trial. Wed quilted, Thurs, quilted and Friday went to Waco Shop Hop. All the shops come to one place instead of you driving all over the state:) Had quite a few shops and plenty of room:) Only found 2 hand emb patterns:)
Sat quilted and sewed:) and today got the taxes done:) yea!!!!!

Ok here is what I got done:)



First... I forgot to post these the past few weeks. Jenny from Elephantz wanted us to use her free design to make and send to an orphan adoption center.

They will hoop and sell on their website to help raise funds for family that need financial help with adoptions.

My BFF's daughter is having a boy and I knew he would need some sprinkler covers:) Machine emb from Emb Garden.

Carolla made this cute farm quilt.

She wanted me to stich all the applique down... that was an adventure at times!

Hey the orange cat isn't on the chicken coop anymore???

Cute ducks in a pond!

Yup that's where the orange cat is suppose to be!!!

Carolla also made this patriotic wall hanging.

Nice log cabins and stars!

Backing..

Starting machine quilting my cat wool project......

This is Megan's quilt. Love the colors!

Also love the simple pattern! I quilted Deb's swirls all over it...

backing....

I quilted 6 project Linus quilts and this is one of them.

Dot made this one.

Need more white Kona so I can finish the backing for my Illusions quilt.

Shelley from our Bee has a daughter that works at the local hospital in labor and delivery. She is asking for blankets for the poor babies that don't survive so the parents have something to wrap them in that is prettier then the receiving blankets from the hospital. So I made the 5 on top of the sewing machine case and Pat made the hats. The other piles are blankets cut and ready to sew together.  Thank you Pat and Project Linus for the baby fleece!
 
Well that's all from here..... suppose to rain but hopefully no more ice!!!!
Have a great week!

 

 

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...