Sunday, February 22, 2015

Feb 22, 2015

Boy this was a busy week!!!! I had lunch with the gals on Tuesday and then on Thurs we went to Quilt Con in Austin. In between I quilted and of course had to buy some groceries:)

Quilt Con was ok... after awhile the quilts began looking the same:( Lots of negative space for quilting which was gorgeous!!!! There were about 350 quilts and all were chosen from over 4000 applicants. Some you were wondering... really this one beat out others? And then some were like WOW!!!! I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I like Modern quilts but some were a bit too modern for me:) There were a lot of vendors... more then the previous time. But unfortunately I didn't find anything I had to have:( My plan is to finish what I have:) So far so good:) haha!!!

I did get one quilt quilted.... I worked on it Mon, Wed, and finished on Friday.

This is Jo's Hand Applique Poinsettia basket.

She will be adding beads in the poinsettia centers.

She let me play and each block was different so play I did:)
 

Here is the back... all my quilting really shows!

It was really windy outside so had to take pictures inside.

Jo will be putting big red beads by the holly leaves. Think it will be beautiful after all the beads are added!
I finished a name block set:) I hand embroider the letters...

And thee are letter pictures to go with them. I also sew 4 squares of fabric with items with that letter in them.... like Kite, Ball, etc.....

My Grunge Illusions is all sewed together:) yea!!!!

A close up:) I had 21 blocks leftover since I made it smaller so will sew them together and put on the back:)

This kit was given to me about 2 years ago and so I got it all stitched but now it needs to be quilted.... still deciding if by hand or domestic machine???
 
Well next week may be another adventure:) I have a jury duty summons for tomorrow and there is a cold front coming in.... may have ice Mon night and Tues morning:( If I get picked I will have to see how long it lasts.... suppose to go to Waco on Friday for the Shop Hop. Also suppose to freeze Friday:( UGH!!!!
 
Well enjoy your week... hope you are warm!!!
 

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...