Sunday, September 20, 2015

Another beautiful quilt!!!!

Well this was a short week with Guild, lunch out and Bee but did get 1 quilt finished:)
I did go a little overboard with pictures:) But I did want  you to see all of it:)

                                        It is the Vintage Compass Quilt made by Gayle:)

First I pinned on the design wall... the hexies are peeking on the left:)

Love how it turned out!!!

I had started with a darker thread and absolutely hated it so spent most of last weekend taking... um ripping it out:(

The center is perfect!!!! Love how the curve in the dark turquoise make it move:)

The back... lots of quilting!

These are draped over the quilter.... the light shows the quilting better I think? But you can't see the whole quilt.

Now you can see the 1/2 feathers in the brown border.

Well back to the wrong colored thread. I started with a new spool but I knew I wouldn't have enough so ordered more and it came in 3 days:) Yea!!!!

The center.... just awesome!

The backing again.... you can really see the quilting on it now:)

I also did finish the October block of the Bertie months:) The hangar arrived but I have to find a place to hang it:) November is almost finished too:)

Well plan to watch football... yes I do enjoy the game:) And work on the hexie quilt all afternoon. Am home almost all week so plan to have more finished customer quilts to show you:)

Have a grand week!!!!



No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...