Sunday, November 29, 2015

Cold and rainy:(

What a few miserable days we have been having. Was in the upper 70's Thanksgiving and then Friday the temps dropped all day:( UGH! And rain.... that slow dreary drizzly stuff:( Need some sunshine soon!!!

Hubby and I ran off last weekend to San Antonio and stayed at the Drury on the River walk:) VERY nice hotel and was just 11 minutes away from the concert we attended. Newsboys, Hawk Nelson, and Ryan Stevenson. Christian artists:) Also had great BBQ and visited an Irish Pub:) Lots of fun!!!!!
Then back to reality:( ha ha!!!!

I was a busy bee this past week after spending the entire week on one quilt.

Finished up some table runners on Bianca:)

Bob keeping a close eye on me:)

Blankets for Seton Hospital.

Hexie top all finished!

Closeup of extra stitching I did.

Yes 32 bobbins and they all went into the next quilt.....

A beautiful applique quilt from Patricia from Kerrville.

Was beautifully made!

I did all filler....

You can see all my work on the back:)

Marylyn's Sunbonnet quilt..

She is SO cute!!!

Turned out really sweet!

Marylyn's Texas quilt.

She said all the other gals had just loops and stars all over theirs... well hers is special!

love when I get to play:)

She is giving it to one of her sons:)



This is Baby. She is a stray that made herself comfortable on Bob's bed. They are such good buddies!!! Tried to catch her last week to get spayed but failed:( Will keep trying!!!!

Bianca stitched these out:)

Got my Dec and Jan Bertie blocks all finished... hung the Dec one up today:)


My Sunday sewing project. The pattern is Lanterns and the fabric is Barcelona. Waiting for more fabric for backing:(

This was a Jenny of Elephantz stitch along. Turned out beautifully... waiting for the wooden hanger to be made:)

This is Becky's snowflake quilt. I think either her mother or sister made many many years ago,

I got the privilege to quilt it for her:)

Just learned how to quilt those snowflakes:) Perfect timing!

Another Jenny pattern. 

We put Christmas decorations out today and I discovered that I need no more table runners, wall hangings, or pretty much anything:) In fact went through everything and got rid of a bunch:) Hubby took a bunch to MIL to decorate her room:)
I have one more quilt in the closet for Christmas but know of up to 4 that should come in this week:)
That will be the end of Christmas take ins. They were already on the list:)
I got daughter's Tardis quilted and will post next week for all to see;) Then maybe one or 2 of mine???
We are not exchanging gifts with anyone this year... sure takes the stress out of everything!!!!
In fact we kinda skipped Thanksgiving and treated it as a Sunday... lots of football and sewing and pizza:) Worked SO well will keep it as a new tradition!!!
Work hard this week as December will be here Tuesday!!!!
Sending all a big hug!




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...