Sunday, March 13, 2016

April Showers came early!

Hi all!

It seems that Mother Nature wants to be ahead of schedule as we got 3.5 inches of rain last week. It rained every day:( Yes we needed the rain but I needed the sun!!!! SO happy to see her again!

The temperatures will be up and down all week... up to 87 and down to 39 one night. I am thinking more sickness ahead! There are many that have had to go to the Dr for this bug going around... it is lasting anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months:( UGH! I don't have time for that!!!!

Was a nice quiet yet busy week here:)

This stunning Dessert Sky was made by Mary W.

I played with lots of feathers:) 

Used a variegated King Tut on the top and a solid on the bottom.

Was a pleasure to quilt:)

Ophelia made this adorable Poppy table runner.

She wanted the poppies to pop:)

There were half feathers on this one:) Used mostly black thread.

My Dahlia quilt all done for Chemo patients.

Another Chemo quilt all done:)
Makes you feel good to know they are going to a good forever home:)

Well BB8 was all sewed together and the backing arrived so......


I quilted it:) Straight lines on the guy and swirls in the background.

Found this Star Wars fabric for the back.... he will be shipped to daughter tomorrow:) 
No occasion just because:)

Dot needed grasshopper blocks for her grand son's quilt. Bianca did a nice job:)

One of my customers adopted a baby girl and so I made her my name blocks:) Have only seen pictures so far so am hoping to see her soon!
Another Lucy Boston block finished:) I am cutting out 3 more so will always have something to work on...as if I am ever without a project or two:)

Busy week! Have our Guild mtg Tuesday night then a class on Wednesday about how to turn your pictures into quilts. Am excited about this one...have a lovely picture of Gemma in her blue tunnel.
Also have to turn in my 2 quilts for the Show in Killeen on Saturday. Bee on Friday and Quilt Show on Saturday... am hoping to get something quilted:)

Enjoy your week and get sewing!!!!



No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...