Sunday, July 3, 2016

Happy July 4th:)

Hope you are all having a wonderful 4th! It is hot here but still not in the 100's except with the heat index. We are normally at about 102 by now but have been about 98. So I guess we are having a cool summer??? NOT!!! My electric bill has been increasing so I know it's getting hotter:(

Not sure where the week went but it is gone... time does fly as you get older:( They did not lie about that one!

I finished the quilt I have been quilting on f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!! The problem was I really got bored doing the same thing for hundreds... well not really... of the same blocks:( Told the customer that and she said she got tired of x stitching the same things over and over. Well it's done:)

I followed the blue dots as the quilting lines.

Looks pretty neat!

She used a sheet as the backing... really shows my quilting:) It's for her grandson's wedding... no girlfriend yet:) ha ha!!

Erlene made this stunning Carpenter's Star.

I quilted so it looks like it is radiating out.

Love the quilting on the brown backing! It's reversible:)

My Ballerina top is finished and hanging in the closet to be quilted.

A closeup of one of the blocks.... it is a Jaybird Quilts pattern using Angela Walters fabric line called Drift from Art Gallery fabrics.

WHOOOOOO!!!! My hexie quilt is on the design wall:) Now to sew all the sections together:) Turned out more of a wall hanging then a lap quilt but I am okay with that! I think it's small enough to hand quilt???

Shelley S made this beautiful dragonfly for me for my Birthday:)  She uses bed posts/spindles and ceiling fan blades:) Thank you again!!!

Shelley N's embroidery machine broke down so I did her embroidery for her:)

My next Bias challenge is in the works:) The strips are all stitched down:) I really need to go to the next challenge but love this one way too much!!!!

The workers will start demoing the bathroom on Wednesday and also the plumber will be here that day. The electrician and inspector are due Thursday and then on Friday they will start rebuilding:) All the stuff got delivered today:) The tile is beautiful!!!! There was one on top of the boxes:) Still haven't decided on the paint color yet... need to see the cabinet also... it's under the tarp somewhere:)
I will post pictures next time of this mess!!!

I am excited and dreading it all the same time!!!! At least we do have the bathroom at the in-laws house next door to shower in. The furrbabies will be locked in my room all day with their necessities. I bet they will be angry!!!! The workers are suppose to close up the work area every evening so they can come out for the night at least! So much fun!!!!!

Have an awesome week!!!!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...