Sunday, September 11, 2016

September almost half over already:(

Busy week! Got some quilting done and a road trip with my bee this week:)

Our Bee went to Taylor to visit E Jays. It is a quilt shop that is closing:( They have a new owner but she can't afford the inventory. Found a few items:) Then had lunch next door at the Lucky Duck:) Funny name but really good burgers and fries:) Then off to Georgetown and Poppy's. Found a ruler and some Grumpy cat fabric:) Then back home:) Was a full day and lots of fun!!

This week I am home everyday so hopefully make a dent in the closet! Hubby has to go out of town for a work training and will be gone overnight so I get to play as long as I want:) yea!!!!

Okay here is what I got done this week....

The Officer's wives group 
makes a raffle quilt for their Bazaar in November. I have been very lucky to quilt most of them:)

This one was a lot of fun! I was on feather overload I think:) Or I just love them:)

Love the machine embroidered snowmen too! Was going to ask about them but I really need no more designs!!!

I think it turned out really nice!

This quilt is by Ranelle and is heading to England this coming weekend:)

I used Featheration pantograph and grey thread.

Love the back also!!!

Dr WHOOOO is finished:)
I used Aurifil clear and smoke clear threads on my regular sewing machine. I have to say the thread is awesome!!!! Never broke or tangled up:) Was going to use Dazi but she has been behaving SO well I didn't want to mess with her tension settings!

You can see I mostly just raw edge appliqued him. He was definitely a challenge and he goes home tomorrow:)

I have a few Project Linus tops going and also a Birthday place mat:)
Next weekend is the Austin Show and Hubby and I will attend. I have one machine to pu and Bianca needs to go to her spa appointment.
That's all from here:)
Have an sewtastic week!!!!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...