Sunday, May 28, 2017

Memorial Day weekend!

Hello All!!!

Hope everyone is well! The graduations are all over and Summer vacation has begun for the kiddos! I know they are all happy... me not so much! Do not enjoy grocery shopping with all those kids... sound like my parents did when I was a kid:) haha!!!

The humidity has arrived and the heat index is already easing up in the 100's with the temps in the low 90's. SO glad we have AC!!!

Well I was home most of the week so things got done:)


First up is Erlene's Hopi Basketry. SO not me but it was great to quilt!!! I learned SO much!!!


I researched the Hopi Indians and found symbols I could use in the quilting:
There is rain in the gold borders, Arrows,day and night, lightening and snakes in the circle with the home being in the center. The hand with the swirl ( I used my hand:) is in the 4 corners and the swirls are used in the black and cream. The mountain range is in the gold rectangles.


I found most of them on tattoosymbolism.blogspot.com/2012/07/





Was a lot of fun and educational all at one time:) The backing was black so you can really see the quilting and the wobbles:( But that makes it hand guided right?



Sue C made this very colorful Bargello!

I just looped all over with King Tut's thread called Joseph's Coat... yes many colors:)

Love the backing!

This is Hubby's wall hanging to go with his quilt I made.

All I bought was more of that lovely red. Only could find one store on the internet that had it and bought all of the 1 7/ 8 yds that they had left:) Yes I have about a yard left:)

Here is the back:)

I also finished the June BOM just in time for June:)

Will be home 3 days this week so should get at least 1 quilt done and ready to ship out:) Then off to retreat the following week:) yea!!!

Hope ya'll have a sew terrific week and stay cool!!!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...