Sunday, August 27, 2017

Went from Hot to VERY wet!!!

Hi all:)

Hope everyone is nice and dry!!! I So feel for the people in South Texas especially Rockport and Houston area!!! We have only gotten some of the outer bands from Harvey... lucky!!! They had been predicting anywhere from 2-8 inches for us and we are at 1.5 so far:) Of course he is sitting there and sending more and more rain our way:( I think we can handle what he sends us but I know there are cities that can not!! Please keep them all in your prayers!

I was home most for the week so there was quilting going on!!!

First up is Jill's fractured quilt:)

She just wanted straight lines outlining all the pieces.
Used a dark burgundy thread throughout and it looked brown on the brown and purple on the purple:)

Turned out awesome:)

Brenda made this Blue Squares quilt.

Lots of loops and swirlies:)

Great backing fabric!

Another one from Brenda. It has stars:) Surprise!! I didn't see them until I opened the quilt to load it.

She let me custom quilt it so it really turned out modern:)

Here is the backing fabric she used.

Had Bee on Friday and I got 12 of the 80 centers paper pieced. I trimmed one so you could see it:) Go back in 2 weeks so will work on it more then. It will be a slow project but that's ok:) Slow and steady is always good!

Am home most of this week so yup more quilting:) I am staying pretty caught up so far:) yea!!!!
No more 3 month turn around... more like 6 weeks now:)

Of course it is to rain most of the week so what else will there be to do?

Hope you have a very sewtastic week!




No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...