Sunday, March 10, 2019

Beautiful week with a major hitch!

The weather was just beautiful!!! Well after the cold snap we had... I think we are at about 5 winters so far:) Suppose to get another towards the end of the week:( Had a good downpour yesterday... 1/2 in:) Then sunshine:) Always an adventure!

Okay the hitch:( Dazi dropped 2 screws the week before but I did not know where they were from and all seemed to work well so just kept quilting:) Well Monday all went well but Tuesday afternoon she decided to act up big time!!! Would not pick up thread:( So Wednesday I called Nolting and they said the screws were from her hook assembly... where the bobbin goes:0 What???? So I am to retime her. Well had errands Thursday and Bee on Friday so just putzed and sewed a bit:) Saturday Hubby and I tried to retime... see that I said tried?  Multiple times:( Unfortunately we were unable to get her working correctly:( So I will call again on Monday.... might have to send her for a spa trip:( Which means I will be down for at least 2 weeks:(  I will still be able to get the show quilts and the graduation quilts done in time though:) Will let you know what goes on....

On the good news front.... the tile is FINALLY finished!!!! Yea!!!! I called Monday and let them have a few choice words and Wednesday the guys came and finished up... why do we have to always have to get mad before anything gets done? We are SO SO done with Home Depot!!! Their customer service is at the bottom of their list!

So with that we ordered our new cabinet that will lift up my Kitchen Aid mixer from Lowe's yesterday:) They also have the second cabinet in stock so will pick it up when the special order one comes in. I called the quartz people directly and I can get my top straight through them. YEA!!!! We also gathered information for new blinds:) I will pick one up Tuesday and have them cut it and then we will install in dining room... if we like them we will get 2 more for the living room. They are 2" wood look white cordless blinds:) Nice!!!

So I made this minkee/cuddle fabric quilt last weekend:) It's a Project Linus quilt.

Still have more fabric.....

Look more Spring in the Studio:) LOL!!! The pink Hyacinth is about finished but the blue is just starting:)

Got 3 more blocks made at Bee. Only have 2 more to sew:)

The kit is for all 12 blocks but I am making 2 chemo quilts so here is the first one in progress:) Just long sashing, cornerstones, and borders to add:)

I saw this again on facebook:) Wish I could find the design!!

Hope everyone has a sewterrific week!







2 comments:

Gloria said...

I should comment more 😔 Your quilts are always so pretty. When you showed that embroidery design I just had to search. Guess I like a challenge! Anyway it's not the same one but just as cute...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/470642134/long-arm-quilter-applique-embroidery?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=long+arm+quilter+embroidery+design&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1

Hope the link works.
Gloria

Dot said...

Hi friend...Love the western Linus quilt. I have some of that fabric but love the painted bluebonnet country fabric. So glad work is almost done. Have a great week Dot

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...