Sunday, June 30, 2019

End of June:(

This month just flew by!!! We had more rain...almost 4 inches last Monday and the temperature has not hit 100 yet and July is like tomorrow:) Of course the humidity has been awful and there have been heat indexes in the 100+. So with one good thing there is always another thing :(

I had planned to get more quilting done but the lawyer changed our appt from Thursday...my normal off day for errands.... till Tuesday so I did more errands then. I had to buy a new range ...it was less expensive to buy it then a stove top and oven...and fridge for MIL house. They should be delivered on the 10th or 11th. They're making great progress on the house:) The carpet was laid yesterday in the bedrooms and one bathroom has been painted. Since I went with the range there was cabinet cutting and removing to be done...sure opened up the space! Can't wait to see it done! We trimmed all the trees the required 2 feet away from the roof yesterday and did the yard:)

So that meant I got to quilt 2 days since Friday was Bee:)

I did get one quilt done and that was all...have the next one loaded and ready to start tomorrow.

Here are the pics....
Jill made this modern wall hanging:)

I really got to play and try new things I have been waiting for the right quilt to try.
The blocks on the left she handed.

The squares on top and the circles on the sides are 2 new things:)

The straight lines on the bottom also:) 2 more hand dyed pieces.

Another hand dyed piece. The only thing Jill asked for was for her circles to not be quilted and to quilt long uneven straight lines in the big white area. She will be hand quilting with colored embroidery thread down a few of them. Will be amazing!

Love the backing!

So that was all I got quilted. I did get 89 more hourglass blocks done on Sunday and at Bee....there is an end... only 136 more to go:)  This will also be a short week because of the 4th and Hubby maybe taking Friday off also:)  Oh and another lawyer appt. Will see what mischief we can get into:) LOL!!!

Have a great week!!!!





No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...