Monday, October 21, 2019

Weird week!

Hi All,

The week started out really good...quilting and nice weather:) Then Bam! My mom that I haven't spoken to in over 7 years.. calls??? Surprise!! Well my dad was in the hospital and she didn't know what to do...seems she has some dementia. So I picked her up and to the hospital we go. He had inflammation around his heart and bronchitis. She called on Wed and he was admitted on Mon. So everyday I would pick her up and take her for the afternoon, then made sure she ate.  Hubby came when he could get away from work. He was finally released yesterday and it was late when we got home. Will be cooking and checking in often. SO glad God gave me a few weeks of normal life before this hit!!! Knew I would get a call one day that they either needed help or passed away. Kinda glad they are still here. It is pretty surreal though!

So I did get 2 quilts done...since I didn't go till after lunch I had the morning to get somethings done:) More for my sanity:)

Ruth Ellen worked hard on this masterpiece!!!

The variety of items is amazing!

Not sure where she got everything..garage sales, friends, her own items.

Yes it was heavy:)

Remember you can click on picture to make it bigger.

I did a lot of freehand outline quilting. There were SO many different items to stitch around:)

I did not get the chance to get bored:) LOL!!!

I donated the fan in this corner:)

All the doilies and lace in sashings are hand stitched down.

Here is the back...you can really see all the quilting:)

Kathy J made this blue and white BOM.

She just wanted loops all over.

Such a pretty quilt!

Well Hubby is off all week...had to take vacation days or lose them. When he goes back next week he will only have 2 weeks until he retires:) His last day is Nov 15.
I think we are both ready:)
I am thankful he will be able to help with y parents!
Not sure how this week will go....

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...