Sunday, August 23, 2020

Hello:)

 Hi All,

Has been an eventful week... got a king size quilt quilted E2E.. will never do that again! It took forever!!!!! 3 days in fact! And of course the quilter would get hiccups with this one:( UGH!!! I actually went online and started shopping for a new machine and computer setup. Got it narrowed down to 2:) LOL! I think I scared Dazi because she was better after that:)

We lost a VERY dear friend this week:( She was 94 and had a wonderful life! Her children and my Hubby were with her when she went over the bridge. She was like a second mom to Hubby and a dear friend to me! We had a storm come through that night and I thought of it as heaven throwing her a party!!

They want memory quilts so need to get prepared to start those in the next few months. I still have the other order to get done. Might start this week... the bad part is some of the fabrics I need won't be back in stock until end of Oct or after:(

I also came to a decision as I relaxed and did no sewing or quilting all weekend... ok some hand sewing....

I am no longer taking in quilts or putting anyone on a list. Whoever is on the list now will get theirs done for sure this year! No list for next year because I don't know if I want to continue quilting for the public next year. My body is finally starting to feel better and there is hardly any pain but I know it will come back when I start custom quilting again:( I have already stopping taking on new clients and have been referring them to a gal in Kempner. If you want more info drop me an email or text me:) She is great!

We want to travel more!!! Hubby's aunt in NC has been in the hospital and then nursing home these past 2 months but is finally back home and we really need to see her! I want to see my BFF in TN and of course my daughter in OH. That was the planned trip before Covid:(

The blog will also be suspended whenever I close down:( I hear lots of compliments and remarks form readers when I see them:) I know you will miss it but it is getting to be more work then enjoyment now.

Okay on to good stuff:)

Got together with friends on Friday for hand sewing, eating, and talking. Yes there was also hugging!

Now pictures:


First up are Sprinkler Covers for a friend's first grandson and a set for mine:)

Too cute!!! The design is from Embroidery Garden and done mostly on the embroidery machine.



3 Christmas gifts finished:) The girls and their new brother will get new stuffed animals made by Nana! They are designs from JuJu Designs. Mostly done on embroidery machine.

What $200 worth of quilting thread looks like. And that is wholesale priced.

Mary G's Christmas quilt. The KING sized one.

Done E2E with gold King Tut thread and the Merriment design.

Looks great on the plain backing fabric! Still have her 2 shams to get quilted.

Granddaughter quilt all done!

Love love the binding! It is digitally printed and I bought it at JoAnn's.


The backing that is wild and crazy was purchased at QIY. And it all goes together!

There will be a bit of computer quilting done this week.
Hope everyone has an awesome week!!!












No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...