Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 2, 2013

Hi everybody!
Sorry I didn't get to post earlier but the Internet was SO slow! It was either my cable co or everyone was shopping:) I did a little damage but tried to be good:)
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was nice and quiet with just the 2 of us and a 9 lb turkey:) The kids called and the in laws are doing good! Saw grand daughter on Friday:) She is almost 3 and SO much fun!
I did get some quilting done last week before the holiday weekend:)


First up is Dolly's hand embroidered horses.


Her daughter stitched these when she was 16. There were 2 dates on the blocks... 1980 and 1983. She did an awesome job!
Here is the back... I outlined the horses and then stippled around them.

                               This is a sweet Sunbonnet from Dot.
She hand embroidered the sunbonnets and then added a few flowers here and there to make it more beautiful!

Back... I outlined each Sunbonnet and then did Dot's favorite stipple:)

             I won these!!!!! Thank you Melissa Cory from Happy Quilting. It was the 100 Blocks hop. I got the magazine and also got to pick 3 of Melissa's patterns. I have almost all of hers now:)
This is Karen B's Flamingo quilt. It was a Thangles BOM from our local shop and the Flamingos are machine embroidery from Purely Gates designs.

Closeup of Mylar Flamingo and of my quilting:)

Backing.
 
Well have 5 more customer quilts to get out before Christmas:) The closet it getting emptied and I am happy about that! Took in my last 2 last week.... no more for now!
 
Hope everyone gets the bargains they want/wanted and have a great week!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Those horses are fabulous....wonderful quilts!!

Lisa said...

You do beautiful work! We had a houseful and all have gone home now. It got quiet again. I think I am done with everyones shopping! Yippee! Glad you had a good holiday!

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...